Friday, February 27, 2015

From The Enigma
NPL Magazine - Jan. 2012
Credits: Shown below

[The two answer words to each flat below differ by only a single letter.]

1)
A line of PhDs
Had each kicked off a shoe,
And though they stood at ease,
It's clear the _ _ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _.
LIRATH

2)
My shocking face makes people scream,
They chase me up and down;
They say I'm       _ _ _ _ _ _ _, so I must run,
For refuge to my _ _ _ _ _ _ _, west of town.
JOKER

3)
The reporter missed his    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ,
So the editor changed the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
R/EDS (adapted)

HINTS:
1. The middle letter of the first word (R) is dropped to form the second word.
2. The last letters of each word are different.

Answers:

1. LEARNED / LEANED
2. HIDEOUS / HIDEOUT 
3. DEADLINE / HEADLINE 

No comments:

Post a Comment