Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FIVE RHYMING RIDDLES

1)
Seven times seventy plus a decade more,
In human years that's 25 score;
Every 500 years I'm engulfed in fire,
My nursery will be made from my funeral pyre.

2)
On Saturday and Sunday I'm big,
From Tuesday through Thursday I'm small;
On Monday and Friday, I don't exist at all.

3)
I share my name with every male child;
I give life to all - both the tame and the wild.

4)
I come in many shapes and colors,
Each one different from the others;
I often fall, though never rise,
Some might say I brush the skies.
When I'm gone, some find it drear,
Though, my host allowing, I'll stay all year.
In plural form a second meaning I assume,
It's a word you use when you leave the room.

5)
Made of wood or of metal composed,
You see me open, you see me closed;
Often swinging, sometimes sliding,
You must move me to see what I'm hiding.

HINT:
4. The plural form follows the "wife - wives" pattern.

Answers:
1. The Phoenix
2. The letter "S"
3. Sun/son
4. Leaf/Leaves
5. A door




No comments:

Post a Comment