Thursday, May 5, 2011

THE SUM OF ITS PARTS IV

Fill in the blanks in the sentences below so that the first two words combine to make the third word.

Example:
The prime minister _ _ _  the meeting even though the _ _ _ _ was the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ official.
The prime minister RAN the meeting, even though the KING was the RANKING official.

1. The horses _ _ _ _ where the _ _ _ _ _ is on this trail. That _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ could save our lives.

2. _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ this question to encourage a broad discussion. I'm not _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ any conditions or restrictions on your comments.

3. Ignoring an injury to his _ _ _ near the _ _ _ of the game, his playing and determination became the stuff of _ _ _ _ _ _ .

4. When you _ _ _ the damage
to _ _ _ car, you're going to _ _ _ _ _ _ .

5. The perfect _ _ _ of _ _ _ arrow before it hit the bullseye indicated her potential to become a world-class _ _ _ _ _ _ .

6. I _ _ _ _ to favor this leg and lean _ _ it a lot. I injured
a _ _ _ _ _ _ last month.

7. "Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the _ _ _ , " my Dad used to say as he read in his _ _ _ . He should know. He worked as a prison _ _ _ _ _ _ .

8. My _ _ _ and I will _ _ _ our best to find the lost dog despite the _ _ _ _ _ _ reward the owner has offered.

9. "I want to talk to him _ _ _ , and I want to talk to him right _ _ _ _ . But, as usual, he's _ _ _ _ _ _ _ to be found."


Answers:

1. know/ledge - knowledge
2. I'm/posing - imposing
3. leg/end - legend
4. see/the - seethe
5. arc/her - archer
6. tend/on - tendon
7. war/den - warden
8. pal/try - paltry
9. now/here - nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment