Monday, September 1, 2014

NY Times Crossword
Jacob McDermott
November 6, 2013

Each of the first four clues below has two parts - A and B. Use the two parts to change each clue into a single expression that blends the two parts and  answers clue 5.

1)
A. Don't put words in my mouth
B. SAID IT NOT

2)
A. I wasn't born yesterday.
B. CAN'T FOOL

3)
A. Ooh, I'm shaking in my boots!
B. DON'T SCARE

4)
A. Wanna start somethin'?
B. TALKIN' TO ME?

5. Let this be our little secret.

HINT:
#1: The change to the first four clues involves adding the same two words.
#2: One of the added words is YOU.

Answer:

The added words are YOU and ME:

1. You said it, not me.  (Don't put words in my mouth.)
2. You can't fool me.  (I wasn't born yesterday.)
3. You don't scare me. (Ooh, I'm shaking in my boots.)
4. You talkin' to me? (Wanna start somethin'?)

Clue 5: BETWEEN YOU AND ME





No comments:

Post a Comment