Wednesday, August 5, 2015

NY Times Crossword
August 5, 2015
Patrick Berry (Example and #1-3)

In each case below, the punishment really doesn't fit the "crime." Nevertheless, each action earned its doer jail time. For example, "I merely bought myself a mansion, and now I'm in the Big House." 

1. "I merely went to my yoga class, and now I'm ..........................
2. "I merely paddled my canoe against the current, and now I'm ...................
3. "I merely agreed to serve drinks at a pub, and now I'm ......................
4. "I merely agreed to rent a cold-storage unit, and now I'm ...........................
5. "I merely told them I'd catch up later, and now I'm ............................
6. "I merely agreed to make sure the door was shut, and now I'm ...................
7. "I merely agreed to help feed the pigs, and now I'm ...........................
8. "I merely decided to buy an new watch, and now I'm .........................
9. "I merely suggested that marijuana could help some people, and now I'm ...................

Answers:

1. doing a stretch
2. up the river
3. behind bars
4. in the cooler
5. in the pokey
6. in the slammer
7. in the pen
8. doing time
9. in the joint
 


No comments:

Post a Comment