Wednesday, January 23, 2019

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT II

From Reader's Digest
Contriubuted by Marjorie R. Mower

The woman in charge of our church magazine rose to make her appeal to the congregation. "Please, brother and sisters," she said, "start your subscriptions this month, so we can all expire together."


From Reader's Digest 
Contributed by Leila Weddle

Our church was in the process of finding a new pastor.  One candidate stayed for an evening service and agreed to accept questions from the congregation. During the session, a parishioner asked if the minister was familiar with farming, since our church is in the midst of a rural community. "No," the minister replied. My wife was raised on a dairy farm, but I grew up on the beaches of Southern California. All I knew was surfing and swimming. I never saw a cow until I met my wife."



No comments:

Post a Comment