Monday, September 16, 2024

TOM SWIFTIES XXI

GAMES Magazine
January/February, 1981
Raymond D. Love (1-2)
November, 1999
Kirk Miller and Shirley Eugeste (3-7)

Add the appropriate adverb or other finish to complete these Tom Swifties.
 
1. "Look at the skin of this five-foot long bass," Tom said _______.
 
2. "Who cares that this bouquet is missing a flower?" Tom mused _______.

3. "I just can't stay on top of the chores since the maid quit," Tom said _______.

4. "What's past is past - now let's look to the future," Tom said _______.
 
5. "I'm so happy that the reception on my radio is clearer now," Tom said _______.

6. "Should I sing in the bass or baritone section?" Tom asked _______.

7. "My grandfather, my father, and I have all done hard time" Tom said _______.

Answers:
 
1. superficially
2. lackadaisically
3. helplessly
4. tensely
5. ecstatically
6. inquiringly (in choir ingly)
7. condescendingly (con descending ly)

No comments:

Post a Comment