Friday, February 13, 2015

NOTE TO READERS: Some upcoming posts will be drawn from The Enigma, the monthly magazine of the National Puzzlers' League (NPL). The NPL was founded on July 4, 1883 in New York City by a small group of word puzzlers, and has been in continuous existence since that first meeting. The aims of the NPL are to raise the standard of puzzling to a higher intellectual level, and to establish and foster friendships among its widely scattered and diverse members. The puzzles are called flats, and the authors use noms de plume. Members of the National Puzzlers' League include some of the brightest and most creative minds in past and current puzzledom.

There is a two-month delay in publishing the answers to the flats. For example, a flat appearing in the January edition will have its answer published in the March edition. The Enigma explores an entirely more abstract level of puzzling than I am used to. I find the flats extremely difficult, and have not solved a single one. But I am astonished at the level of verbal skill and cleverness of these writers. The flats I have posted in this blog are among the least complex of those published in each issue. In each post, I have used the dates of the issues containing the answers. (JA)

From The Enigma
NPL Magazine
February, 2010
KAPRATH

It's 1234567 to imagine,
It makes a lot of sense;
When a  12567  34  is sent to war,
The hometown folks get tense.

HINT:
34 = GI

Answer:

LOGICAL
LOCAL  GI

No comments:

Post a Comment