Wednesday, February 25, 2015

From The Enigma
NPL Magazine - Nov. 2011
Credits: Shown below (adapted)

[The answers to these flats are spoonerisms.]

1)
That bistro where we love to eat
Has no more _ _ _ _ of _ _ _ _ (for us a treat).
The reason though is very clear,
There was an awful _ _ _ _ of _ _ _ last year.
(ANDREAS)

2)
_ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _
Is _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ too long.
Please be patient, do not nag.
The fault, you see, is in the bag.
(LEXMAN)

3)
After checking out the
_ _ _ _ of _ _ _ _ ,
I had the Grizzly Special -
Then a second......then another!
The waiter asked if I would like a fourth,
"No thanks," I answered, "I've had by
_ _ _ _ of _ _ _ _ .
(WABBIT)

HINTS:
The first letters of the answer words are:
1. R of L - L of R
2. M T - T M
3. B of F - F of B

Answers:

1. Rack of lamb - Lack of ram
2. Making tea - Taking me
3. Bill of fare - Fill of bear

No comments:

Post a Comment