SIX RHYMING RIDDLES
1)
By moon or sun I will be found,
Yet I'm outdone if there's no light around.
2)
Part of a foot with judgment transpose,
And the answer you'll find just under your nose.
3)
'Tis true I have both face and hands,
And move before your eyes;
Yet when I go my body stands,
And when I stand, I lie.
4)
I claim no magic power,
Yet a fast I can make a feast.
I am never among the first,
But the last I can make the least.
5)
My first is a part of the day,
My last is used for a toast;
My whole takes a measure of time,
And a woman may use for a boast.
6)
Though I do not speak, I oft impart
The secret desires of the heart;
I may deceive, may make amends,
May create foes and yet make friends.
The harshest anger I can disarm,
Such is the power of my charm.
Answers:
1. Shadow
2. Inch - chin
3. A clock
4. The letter E
5. Hourglass
6. Smile
Saturday, May 30, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment