TOM SWIFTIES II
Please see the TOM SWIFTIES I post of May 19, 2020 for an explanation and examples of Tom Swifties.
Add the appropriate adverb (or other finish) to complete these Tom Swifties.
1. 'It's not fair!" said Tom __________.
2. "I've never had a cavity," said Tom. __________.
3. "There were 272 words in the Gettysburg Address," Tom __________.
4. "There goes my hat!" said Tom off the " __________.
5. "I wonder if there's a number between seven and nine," said Tom __________.
6. "I have only diamonds, clubs, and spades," Tom said__________.
7. "Don't add too much water," said Tom with great __________.
8. "I manufacture tabletops for shops and restaurants," said Tom __________.
9. "I'm wearing a ribbon around my arm," Tom said with __________.
10. "We can't have this and eat it too," Tom said __________.
Answers:
1. darkly
2. precariously
3. recounted
4. top of his head
5. considerately
6. heartlessly
7. concentration
8. counter-productively
9. abandon
10. archaically
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment