TOM SWIFTIES III
Please see the TOM SWIFTIES I post of May 19, 2020 for an explanation and examples of Tom Swifties.
Add the appropriate adverb (or other finish) to complete these Tom Swifties.
1. "I like modern painting," said Tom __________.
2. "Congratulations on graduating from college," said Tom __________.
3. "Elvis has left the building," said Tom __________.
4. "I've joined the Navy," said Tom __________.
5. "That bird is sick," said Tom __________.
6. "Man, that's an ugly hippopotamus," Tom said __________.
7. "I have no memory of the last 24 hours," said Tom __________.
8. "I'm losing the tennis match 30 - 0," Tom said __________.
9. "May I sing tenor with your church group?" Tom __________.
10. "We don't have to sit here so silently," Tom __________.
Answers:
1. abstractly
2. diplomatically
3. expressly
4. fleetingly
5. illegally
6. hypocritically
7. lackadaisically
8. lovingly
9. inquired
10. allowed
Monday, June 1, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment