TOM SWIFTIES IV
Please see the TOM SWIFTIES I post of May 19, 2020 for an explanation and examples of Tom Swifties.
Add the appropriate adverb (or other finish) to complete these Tom Swifties.
1. "The radio reception is much better now," said Tom __________.
2. "I not going to play for this team any longer," Tom __________.
3. "Would anyone like some parmesan cheese?" asked Tom __________.
4. "I think I've broken my leg," Tom said __________.
5. "I call my parents Billy and Nanny," Tom __________.
6. "Another work week begins," said Tom __________.
7. "What's a wide-angle lens?" asked Tom __________.
8. "Oops! There goes my hat!" said Tom __________.
9. "I sell stolen goods," said Tom __________.
10. "The exit is over there," Tom __________.
Answers:
1. ecstatically
2. decided
3. gratingly
4. lamely
5. kidded
6. mundanely
7. obtusely
8. off the top of his head
9. offensively
10. pointed out
Friday, June 5, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment