TOM SWIFTIES V
Please see the TOM SWIFTIES I of May 19, 2020 for an explanation and examples of Tom Swifties.
Add the appropriate adverb (or other finish) to complete these Tom Swifites.
1. "I'm the new butcher," Tom said __________.
2. I never miss my AA meetings" Tom said __________.
3. "He's just an average guy," Tom said _________.
4. "The sun is coming up," Tom __________.
5. "The door's ajar," said Tom __________.
6. "I prefer trout to salmon," Tom said __________.
7. "I suppose I'll have to write my name again," said Tom __________.
8. "I just bought a woolen sweater," Tom said __________.
9. "My glasses probably aren't ready yet," Tom __________.
10. The painting stand is not steady," said Tom __________.
Answers:
1. cuttingly
2. soberly
3. meanly
4. mourned
5. openly
6. officiously
7. resignedly
8. sheepishly
9. speculated
10. uneasily
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment