FIVE RHYMING RIDDLES
1)
Alone or in a group,
I carry people in an endless loop.
My path is fixed,
But I never complain.
I have a rail, though I'm not a train.
My older cousin, more static than me,
Necessitates more bending of the knees.
2)
Little Alice, dreaming one night,
Dreamt of apples floating into sight.
She dreamt of apples, often my dear;
How many apples did appear?
3)
I am bright, my brother is loud.
We seem to come from within a cloud.
4)
What Spanish instrument's familiar name
And fisherman's occupation are the same?
5)
I sit quietly and I wait
Until something moves my plate;
But by then it's much too late
To escape the ruin I create.
Answers:
1. Escalator (older cousin - stairs)
2. Ten (of ten my dear)
3. Lightning and thunder
4. Castanet (cast a net)
5. Volcano
Credit: #2:
Lewis Carroll
No comments:
Post a Comment