Wednesday, May 19, 2021

The two keywords in this flat, MARINE and MAINE stand for two answers that differ by a single letter - just as they do. The answer for MARINE is one letter longer than the answer for MAINE - again consistent with the keywords. The extra letter in the answer for MARINE is also placed in the third position - just like the R in MARINE. Hint: MARINE is two words.

I'm pregnant - good news! There's no
   time to lose!
Before I'm a parent, let's take in some
   views!
We'll draw up a plan, then hop in the 
   van,
Then travel a much of the road as we
   can.
Alaska's, I hear, the last great frontier,
And Cali is golden at this time of year.
The Washington scene remains
   evergreen
Drive east for a bit, then you'll hit the
   MARINE.
The lovely terrain, the Snake River
   Plain .........
I'll see all the beautiful sights while I 
   MAINE.

Answer:
 
MARINE =  GEM STATE
MAINE =     GESTATE 
 
Credit:
The Enigma 
March, 2021
LADY MONDEGREEN

No comments:

Post a Comment