Tuesday, October 12, 2021

HIDDEN WORDS I

Hidden in the sentences below are the names of  SMALL OBJECTS. Can you find them?

1. Tell me what you would do then.

2. "If you don't stop, I'll have to tell Mom," threatened his brother.

3. The foreign diplomat chose to ignore the White House invitation.

4. He finished  his assignment, so you'll have to give him other word to do.

5. I'd like to go with you, but tonight my uncle is coming to visit us.

6. This past week I just haven't been getting all the sleep I need.

7. Dad will have to nail the loose edging back on the window boxes.

8. All the old man wanted to do was live religiously the rest of his life.

9. My sister Laura is inviting all her friends over for a slumber party. 

10. "You can't just sit there and let him bleed to death!" the girl screamed.

11. If the seam should open, nylon thread will hold it together temporarily.

12. Last year I celebrated by eighty-sixth birthday with my ninety-year-old sister. 

13. It's so crowded in here, I keep bumping into other guests.

14. The surgeon carefully eased the tube another inch into the wound.

15. The informant was accused of lying under oath at the espionage trial.

16. As I pulled the stalks apart, I cleaned each one thoroughly in cool water.

17. After all the bad weather we've had, I'm enjoying these sunny days, aren't you?

18. "The Chimp and the Banana," illustrated by Pablo Picasso, is a popular children's book. 

Answers:

1. would DO Then
2. stoP, I'LL have
3. diploMAT CHose
4. give hiM OTHer
5. you, BUT TONight
6. sleeP I Need 
7. looSE EDgings
8. waS LIVE Religiously
9. LauRA IS INviting 
10. leT HIM BLEed
11. oPEN, NYlon 
12. yeaR I CElebrated
13. inTO OTHer
14. tuBE ANother
15. oF LYing
16. aparT, I Cleaned
17. haD, I'M Enjoying
18. BanaNA," ILlustrated 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment