Saturday, November 6, 2021

HIDDEN WORDS IV

Hidden in the sentences below are terms used in GEOGRAPHY. Can you find them?

1. "Whose algebra book is this?" asked the teacher.
 
2. If you scrape a knife against metal, it makes a terrible noise.
 
3. "We're down to our last ream of ditto paper again," the office manager said.

4. "Oh, to step on dewy mountain grass more," sighed the poet.

5. My dad bought an old, worn-out baby crib a year ago at the flea market.

6. The research findings on tobacco astonished the American people last year.

7. To increase efficiency, he had un-essential parts of the machine removed.

8. "If you laugh, I'll start to cry," the girl said to her brother.

9. We'd better call a kennel tomorrow and reserve a place for Rex while we're on vacation.

10. " I wouldn't give that good-for-nothing slob a single dollar," shouted her husband, "even if he is your father."

11. It hurts to think that our entire effort may have been completely wasted.

12. The autopsy report found traces of arsenic, a very fast-acting poison, in the victim's body.

13. I want everyone to hear I've retired from helping people with their computers.

14. The doctor said he would prescribe a children's dose of a leading antibiotic.

Answers:
 
1. whoSE Algebra
2. scraPE A Knife
3. laST REAM of
4. steP ON Dewy
5. criB A Year
6. tobacCO ASTonished 
7. haD UN-Essential
8. laugH I'LL start
9. calL A KEnnel
10. sloB A SINgle
11. entiRE EFfort
12. arseniC, A VEry
13. heaR I'VE Retired
14. prescriBE A CHildren's


No comments:

Post a Comment