Tuesday, April 11, 2023

PLUG-INS I   

Dell PennyPress Variety Puzzles
Master's Variety Puzzles
Volume 124
 
Form seven-letter words by re-arranging the letters of each six-letter word and plugging in one of the letters shown at the top of the puzzle. Each letter will be plugged into the same position of each seven-letter answer, and each of the letters shown at the top of the puzzle will be used only once.
 
               F O R G I V E
 
1. COMPEL     _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
2. ENTIRE       _ _ _ _ _ _ _
3. FASTER      _ _ _ _ _ _ _
4. MORALE    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
5. TANNIC      _ _ _ _ _ _ _
6. CANTOR    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
7. LEAVES     _ _ _ _ _ _ _

HINTS:
A. The letters from FORGIVE all go in the fifth blank.
B. The first letters of the new words:
     1. C
     2. I
     3. S
     4. R
     5. A   
     6. C
     7. S
 
C. How the letters from FORGIVE line up:
     1. I
     2. G
     3. F
     4. V
     5. E
     6. O
     7. R

Answers:
 
1. COMPILE
2. INTEGER
3. STAFFER
4. REMOVAL
5. ANCIENT
6. CARTOON
7. SEVERAL

 

No comments:

Post a Comment