Tuesday, June 6, 2023

UPS AND DOWNS VIII

Dell PennyPress Variety Puzzles
September, 2021

Eight-letter words are hidden in the eight groups below. Find the words by choosing the correct letter from each vertical pair of letters. For example, given the group
 
A R R I  A T U C
S O T H S  O I  L,
 
you would choose the A from the first vertical pair, the R from the second, the T from the third, and son on to get the word ARTISTIC. 

1. A U R A H I  N D
    B E  L K C E A E

2. H L  A E I  N M E
    C M U R T I   E T

3. T U R S T O E N
    Q O E P L I  O D

4. S V A U L Y O Y
    B C O L N I  R N

5. H E U E N O C H
    O P V L E  N S E

6. H O P R Y N E H
    O P N E A D T W

7. W R I  P  B U S K 
    D H A W L A C E

8. V A E S  A R L E 
    P  O L U H B K L

Answers:
 
1. BULKHEAD
2. CLARINET
3. QUESTION
4. SCALLION
5. OPULENCE
6. HONEYDEW
7. DRAWBACK
8. VALUABLE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment