Sunday, August 6, 2023

WHAT ARE THE ODDS? II

GAMES/World of Puzzles
June, 2023
Shawn Kennedy 

The nine-letter words below are missing their odd-positioned letters - that is, their 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th. These five letters have been scrambled into a word and placed atop the incomplete nine-letter word. Can you use the letters of the five-letter word on top to replace the missing letters and restore the nine-letter word? For example, given
 
SMART
_ I _ C _ E _ N _ ,

the answer word would be MISCREANT - M,S,R,A,T = SMART
 
1. LIVEN
    _  A _ E _ T _ N _

2. UTTER
    _ U _ B _ L _ N _

3. OPINE
    _ A _ T _ M _ M _

4. TRUMP
    _A _ A _ O _ N _

5. NINER
    _ G _ O _ A _ C _

6. VIBES
    _ N _ I _ I _ L _

7. SHORE
    _ O _ O _ C _ P _

8. ICING
    _ O _ N _ T _ N _

9. LASER
    _ T _ I _ W _ L _

Answers:
 
1. VALENTINE
2. TURBULENT
3. PANTOMIME 
4. PARAMOUNT
5. IGNORANCE
6. INVISIBLE
7. HOROSCOPE
8. COGNITION
9. STAIRWELL

No comments:

Post a Comment