Thursday, August 3, 2023

WHAT ARE THE ODDS? I

GAMES/World of Puzzles
June, 2023
Shawn Kennedy
 
The nine-letter words below are missing their odd-positioned letters - that is, their 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th. These five letters have been scrambled into a word and placed atop the incomplete nine-letter word. Can you use the letters of the five-letter word on top to replace the missing letters and restore the nine-letter word? For example, given,

EARTH
_ B _ O _ R _ N _ ,

the answer word would be ABHORRENT - A,H,R,E,T = EARTH

1. UNHOT
    _ O _ C  _ D _ W _

2. PROSE
    _ U _ E _ H _ R  _

3. RISKY
    _ A _ D _ T _ C _

4. DERBY
    _ O _ F _ I _ N _

5. TIRES
    _ P _ A _ M _ N _

6. SMART
    _ I _ C _ E _ N _

7. USAGE
    _ I _ N _ T _ R _

8. EASED
    _ K _ D _ D _ L _

9. WIRED
     _ O _ L _ W _ D _

Answers:
 
1. TOUCHDOWN
2. SUPERHERO
3. YARDSTICK
4. BOYFRIEND
5. SPEARMINT
6. MISCREANT
7. SIGNATURE
8. SKEDADDLE
9. WORLDWIDE


No comments:

Post a Comment