UPS AND DOWNS XI
Dell PennyPress Variety Puzzles
January, 2022
Eight-letter words are hidden in the eight groups below. Find the word by choosing the correct letter from each pair of vertical letters. For example, given
C A R P T E N R
B O L I E O A E,
choosing B from the first pair, A from the second, R from the third, and so on, the hidden word would be BARITONE. One of the answers is a two-word phrase.
1. B O Y B E S U E
H A R M U C T Y
2. P U R M L R G I
S O B C E A N E
3. L E T A I I R O
N O G H L M Z E
4. T P L O G O A T
U O M L R E S D
5. O U T R E I S U
S P M I M L O M
6. L E A M U O T K
Y P Y R B S O Y
7. F U M C T L O X
S R A P H I A N
8. Q T A E R H O T
O U F D L A N W
Answers:
1. BARBECUE
2. SUBMERGE
3. LEGALIZE
4. TOLL ROAD
5. OPTIMISM
6. YEARBOOK
7. FRACTION
8. QUADRANT
No comments:
Post a Comment