Sunday, October 6, 2024

NY Times Crossword
October 6, 2024
John Kugelman
TEACHER'S MARKS
 
[This clever puzzle was dedicated by the constructor to his sister Julie, a second-grade public school teacher. She provided all the red pen correction marks in the puzzle's original submission.]
 
Each clue below has a grammar or punctuation error. Pretend it was circled by a teacher's red pen and think of a familiar phrase that corrects the mistake. 
 
For example: "Julie, you'll die when you hear what happened to "me."
Correction: Don't quote me on this.

1. I found a 5$ bill on the street.
2. Surprise! Whom just walked in?
3. Me and Rachel are going shopping.
4. I'm so in loooooooove with that girl.
5. If you're not satisfied, do it your self.
6. Can you believe it! We won the mall.

Corrections:
 
1. Your money's no good here.
2. Halt! Who goes there.
3. Don't start with me
4. All you need is love.
5. Pull yourself together.
6. You can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment