OLD RIDDLES
1)
My first (syllable) is an abbreviation for company.
My second is a woman who might shun company.
My third is something that summons company.
My whole something that amuses company.
2)
My first, though water, cures no thirst;
My second is one with a soul.
And when my second is on my first,
He then is called my whole.
3)
I am small, but when entire,
Can set a forest or town afire;
Let one letter disappear,
I then can hold a herd of deer.
Take one more letter off,
And you will find
I once held all of human kind.
4)
My first my love will never know;
My second it will never grow.
But to my soul,
It shall be my whole.
5)
An iron horse with a flaxen tail,
The faster it runs, the shorter it grows.
Answers:
1)
CO
NUN
DRUM
CONUNDRUM
2)
SEA
MAN
SEAMAN
3)
SPARK
PARK
ARK
4)
END
LESS
ENDLESS
5. NEEDLE (and thread)
Monday, May 4, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment