Tuesday, May 18, 2021

The answers to this flat differ by the sounds of their second letters, as suggested by the keywords VAIN and VINE. Also, the word that VINE represents is capitalized.

I'm bored with the beach! I'm taking my 
   stand.
I'm tired of wading and tanning and
  sand.
I've been to the reef; I've swum with the 
   fish.
I don't want to see them except on a 
   dish.
If you want my VAIN, go on, be my
   guest.
And take, while you're at it, my fins 
   and my vest.
I'd rather stay in and spend time
   online;
I'll sit in my bed and do quizzes on 
   VINE:
"Match Actors to Roles!"
"Which cities are real?"
'How fast Can You Name All the
   Species of Eel?"

Answer:
 
VAIN = SNORKEL
VINE = SPORCLE*
 
Credit:
The Enigma 
NPL Magazine
March, 2021
LADY MONDEGREEN
 
*Sporcle is a trivia website which allows users to take quizzes on a wide range of subjects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment