Thursday, September 10, 2026

CRYPTO CLUES CCXLV

GAMES Magazine
November/December, 1980
Henry Hook
 
1. Climb in the limo unthinkingly
 
2. Avis' competitor inflicts damage, we hear
 
3. Composition that Sousa wrote in one month
 
4. Unusually cruel result of stress or overwork
 
5. Sheriff's men are in possession
 
6. Two partners holding dizzying designs 
 
7. Greek character at the head of the table
 
8. Horns seen roaming around central Zaire 
 
9. The present I mentioned is given with feeling 
 
HINTS:
1. Hidden word
2. Homophone
3. Homograph
4. Anagram
5. Hidden word
6. Hidden word
7. Hidden word
8. Central Zaire = I 
9. Hidden word
 
Answers:
 
1. MOUNT (liMO UNThinkingly)
2. HERTZ (hurts)
3. MARCH
4. ULCER (cruel)
5. POSSE (POSSEssion)
6. OP ART (twO PARTners)
7. THETA (of THE TAble)
8. RHINOS (RH I NOS) [HORNS + I]  
9. SENTIMENT (preSENT I MENTioned) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment