Thursday, September 10, 2026

PLUG-INS  XVI 

Note from JA: Every puzzler has strengths and weaknesses. One of my weaknesses is anagrams. In my opinion, this PLUG-IN puzzle, and the others like it, is very difficult.

Form 7-letter words by re-arranging the letters of each 6-letter word and plugging in one of the underlined letters. Each of the underlined letters will be plugged into the same position in each 7-letter answer, and each underlined letter will be used only once. The answer to #1 is not STUDIES. 

R  O  A  S  T  E  D 

1. D U T I E S        _ _ _ _ _ _ _

2. C H A L E T      _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

3. S I E S T A        _ _ _ _ _ _ _

4. S T E R E O       _ _ _ _ _ _ _

5. P O I S E S         _ _ _ _ _ _ _

6. S U I T O R        _ _ _ _ _ _ _

7. S T R A I N        _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

HINTS:
a. The added letters will go in the first position in each new word.
b. First letters of the new words:
    1. O
    2. S
    3. E
    4. R
    5. D
    6. T
    7. A
 
Answers:
 
1. OUTSIDE
2. SATCHEL
3. EASIEST
4. RESTORE
5. DISPOSE
6. TOURIST
7. ARTISAN  

No comments:

Post a Comment