SYNONYM/ANAGRAM CCCXLVII
The two words in each line can be anagrammed into one - beginning with the given letter. The meanings of the anagrams are given below the clues.
1. SOLO + BEET = O
2. ROSE + GIVEN = S
3. DATA + EQUINE = I
4. NEAR + QUAINT = Q
5. HALT + CANNON = N
6. NOT + AGAINST = A
7. GRAVE + NAIVE = V
8. VAIN + NOTION = I
9. NICE + BRIDLE = I
10. PANE + CENTER = R
Meanings of the anagrams:
1. No longer in use
2. Self-governing
3. Not enough
4. Isolation
5. Carefree
6. Bad guy
7. Eating choice
8. New idea
9. Hard to believe
10. Biblically - correction
Answers:
1. OBSOLETE
2. SOVEREIGN
3. INADEQUATE
4. QUARANTINE
5. NONCHALANT
6. ANTAGONIST
7. VEGETARIAN
8. INNOVATION
9. INCREDIBLE
10. REPENTANCE
No comments:
Post a Comment